Saturday, October 15, 2005

"Look at that! They're not even ashamed."

Says Dallas at SnS when some kids walk in with McFlurries. I miss hanging out with him more than he knows. And he was super giggley tonight, I think due to lack of sleep. He is working his tail off. 6:30-10:30 landscaping then class then Bath & Bodyworks. He can get me a discount, though. :) Score! And he can use mine, too, so it's all good. He IMed me and told me he had to take a break from this paper he's been working on all week that must be turned in Monday, so we went to SnS. Used some dollars he and Wy won in a basketball tournament last year and I managed to pull five bucks out of my butt (not really, that would be kind of gross and reminds me of the Christopher Walken character from Pulp Fiction). I had my first milkshake since Labor Day weekend when we went after the football game. It was not as good as Corrie's, I can tell you that. Nor did the onion rings.

Yesterday I went to work and we were book solid. I had absolutely no down time from 4:00 until 8:40. One sitting after another, blahblahblah. The last normal bus left at 8:45 so I wrote down my receipts, cleaned out a room, and shut down a computer in about four and a half minutes then booked it to the other side of the mall to make the bus, which I almost missed. Once I got home, I chatted for a bit then headed to bed...didn't wake up until about 1:30, started to get ready for work. I realized what time it was (2:20) and ran as fast as I could to make the bus and arrived a few minutes early. Work was slow so three of us got to watch Tarah and Debbie, a new trainee, work on a group portrait. I did one sitting, rang a couple of people up, then got to go home after I closed down a room.

I met someone interesting on the bus. He got on at Target and I saw him taking his hat off and yelling while gesturing in angry motions. I was kind of iffy when he chose to sit next me, but he started a random discussion about me working at Sear's (my noticeable shirt and name tag), which wasn't that bad. Bud (his name?) lives in Hamilton and is extremely good looking. His friend Brian had the biggest reddest beard I have ever seen. Anyway, I ended up walking back to the dorm with both of them. Bud managed to give me his number without my asking and told me we need to hang out this week. Okay, if I have time between work and class. I went up to my room, talked to Matt(s), and called Grandma to see what she was up to. God, if she wasn't excited to hear from me. We talked for forty-five minutes or so then that's when Dallas and I started talking. Once I headed out the door looking all cute because I haven't been out in a while, I escaped crazy Elvis by mere seconds. He didn't notice me leaving the lobby until I was out the door, and by then I could say I "didn't hear him." Plus he was having a conversation with two people about the game on so he couldn't get up to run after me. Does that make me a mean person? I just don't want to have to say "no." I feel like the only way I could get him to leave me alone would be to tell him off and be rude, and I don't want to be mean and he doesn't deserve that. Grawr.

Now I am back to talking to Matt(s). Go me.

Oh, Jessie finished working at DH, thinks she has a job in Columbia, and is moving. When? I don't know, sometime soon. I feel in the loop. I wish I could at least see her before she goes. I miss her just like I miss everyone else, and I feel like I kind of jipped myself out of getting to know her while she was in Springfield. Sorry, sis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...