Tuesday, October 04, 2005

"I'm cheap!!!"

Still feeling extremely icky. Actually, I have this really bad headache now and want to crawl into the fetal position on my bed while I listen to some Billie Holiday. She always makes me feel better. Always! Alas, I have a humongous test I need to study for tomorrow. Criminal Justice. This week hates me. We are actually having to start studying and writing and whatnot plus I get sick. And I really want to go home now. If I do not get better by Friday, I am going to call in sick for the weekend and go home so I can go to the doctor's. I've heard horror stories about the on-campus clinic, plus I would much rather be sick at home then here. Know what I mean, jelly bean? But I would hate to miss all the homecoming stuff this weekend.

Eistir is lovely. We went to go get drinks tonight and on our way downstairs she kept telling me how I am the coolest roommate. Heart. We agree that we are a fantastic match. She might pull me out of my shell a little bit and I might make her watch less TV and get up on time for classes. ;) Either way, we love each other. Plus I feel like I can talk to her about anything and I really need that.

The concert was okay and fantastic. The high school groups were nothing special, but at least they bothered to spend the day in Bloomington. On the other hand, the mens chorale from Bloomington and Vocal Spectrum, the special guests, were freaking wonderful. I sat there listening to those basses and just melted in my seat. And Vocal Spectrum did a rendition of "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis which was just amazing. Amazing. The tenor had such a gorgeous voice. You should seen the look of pure ecstacy when I listened to these guys. I am the music geek through and through. I almost ashamed to admit how much I love and adore a capella music. Or music in general. Even if someone were to sing as loud as he could at church without a care in the world, that is to be admired, especially if he cannot sing. The thought of not caring about others' opinions if you're terrible or loving a piece of music for its beauty or performing something so beautiful is awe-inspiring...it is to be admired beyond anything else. At least in my head it shall.

My headache and I have to go study for criminal justice. I just wanted to write about the delightful concert. Oh, and I made friends with Sheryl--the lady sitting next to me. I can tell a woman who appreciates music and she happens to be one.

No comments: