Monday, August 22, 2005

"Niggie, please."

I love talking to Dallas on the phone, he makes me laugh.

So I went to get pizza at Chatter's last night with another neighbor, Ashlei, and I ran into Jeremy something-or-other from Glenwood. He graduated a couple years ahead of me and was referred to as "Duct Tape Boy." Apparently, he's joined the army so he's lost a lot of weight and looks like a skinhead. And is way stranger than I remember, but hey, strange isn't necessarily bad. Well, he kind of weirded me out and so Ashlei and I made our way back to the dorm asap, glad we got it to go.

I was all happy eating my pizza on my bed and drinking my raspberry lemonade and watching FUSE--at least until the hiphop came on and then I turned it off. Shortly thereafter, Dallas called so I walked to Watterson. We got him partially moved in and headed to Wal-Mart where I bought so of those sticky hooks you put on the wall so we could hang up the sign on our day. We'd been using duct tape and it kept falling off. That and grape soda. Mmm.mmm. We got Dallas a lightbulb for his budweiser beer can lamp. We moved him in the rest of the way. There was a guy on the phone the entire time we were moving him in and I guess Dallas' ex-fling lives on the same floor which is just a gas. We came back here so he could see the room...and then he left and I read and got into bed.

This morning my alarm went off at 7:15 but I was a dumbass and shut it off so I didn't wake up until 7:48 which meant I had to haul ass to class, was slightly tardy, which was a HUGE mistake because our seats for today are going to be our permanent seats. Ick. I am all the way in the fucking boonies since we're in a lecture hall. And Individuals, Society, and Justice is also in a lecture hall. Hundreds of kids in that room from every year. And it was just uncomfortable because the only seats left were in the center of rows so you had to climb over a bazillion people to get to an empty seat. Right after that was communications. We have homework. And I have to give an informal speech on Wednesday--I have to bring a bag and three items that have a personal meaning to explain to everyone. Sounds like a good time. Since then, I have watched some really old GSN shows, read, dozed, and eaten a fantastic lunch from Southside, which is the cafeteria area inbetween Atkin-Colby and Hamilton-Whitten.

I'm having a lot of fun, but I am just not sure how I am going to like this 8:00 every morning except Tuesday which is 9:35. Whatev.

Dallas and I are going to meet up before choir and I have to buy my music in the lobby today before class...yes. That is it. Have a wonderful afternoon, I shall speak with thee at a later date. <3

No comments: