Friday, August 19, 2005

"Eistir, wake up!"

Damn, she is still asleep. We were supposed to go to a departmental meeting this morning and then the convocation. I tried to wake her up on numerous occasions, but she has slept. It started at 9:30. And now it's almost 12:30. Still out. She cracks me up.

So I have had some time to breathe and some time to sleep, which always does me good. My bed is extremely comfortable. w00t. I slept very well and it was freezing in here last night so i had to bundle up, which is just how the both of us like it. And I slept with Spot. He made me feel better, too. I got up and did my thing and ate some cereal. I like this having all my shit together and not having to deal with my parents in the morning...even while they were on vacation, I was still in there home and under some of their restraints, so now I feel some freedom coming on.

Right now I should probably be down in the quads eating the free food and meeting new people, but I am exhausted. My arms are all weak now because I carried my books all the way across campus from Bone to Atkin, and I got semi-lost along the way so I had to make a detour. Well, I thought I knew where I was going, but you get to my dorm from the Visual Center for the Arts building unless you walk all the way around it....bleh. I am so disoriented. I think I'll walk around later and find out where my classes are so that's taken care of. (By the way, nearly $450 on books. Geeze, Louise).

I pulled out my Holly Black book to start reading and realized that I didn't buy Valiant I bought Tithe. I read the first couple of chapters and flipped the pages in a perplexed fashion. Deja vu. Wonder why. Perhaps it's because I already read it. Oh, well, just means I have to buy it at some point. I can't decide if I want to read or take a nap, my arms are being so ridiculous, we'll see what hapens. But for now, I shall crawl into bed and decide momentarily.

No comments: