Monday, February 20, 2006

"Oh, I love you. Get over yourself."

This weekend went by too fast. The weekends normally do. But then again, so do the weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about all of it actually. Freshman year will be over in a few months. Wow, how time has flown. And if things work out, I'll be here over the summer, too.

So my first boyfriend is getting married this summer. It's a big deal. He called me and told me himself. He is super, super happy and invited me personally. Should I go? Probably. Will I? Probably not. The kid is 22, they haven't been together long, but he just knows she is the one. He graduates this spring, too. He's getting old on me, heh. Alas no one in my family knows him very well if at all, and I think is due to the fact that he was too old for me at the time we dated. Sorry, guys. His mom sent me this box of things that were related to me. Pictures, letters, notes, ticket stubs, some of my programs from musicals and concerts. It makes me so happy because we looked like such a happy couple. His mother wrote a note and stuck it on the top,

"Sarah,
You will always be my favorite. You made my only child extremely happy while you were together, so I thank you. I am very sorry things didn't work out between the two of you, and I had always hoped you would work things out. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Be blessed in everything you do, and I will always remember you lovingly.
-Mom"

It makes me sad on so many levels. We broke up for a reason. Many reasons. I don't regret it, but it still somehow hurts that he is so completely willing to let go of something that lasted on and off for two and a half years. Maybe it just hurts my pride more than anything.

Anyway. I have to get some rest, so I will talk to you later, my online journal friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's scary to know that people are getting married. Aren't we too young for this?? wow. I don't care if he IS 22... we're all too young for this!!!