Sunday, January 08, 2006

"I'd pop a cap in Sancho, and I'd smack her down."

When Kristen, Dad, Patty, and I were at Head West Thursday night, we were discussing stoner music. The music being played was more reggae-rap than anything and didn't sound like the typical stoner music. But Sublime? Always. And I love "Santeria." Ironically enough, I heard it on the radio twice on Friday.

Thursday morning I was up by 4:00, got Kristen, rode the train up to Bloomington, killed some time at the mall and had breakfast at Cindy's, got paid, went back to the dorm where Scott and his brother Steve met us around 11:30 or so. As disturbing as my Scotty might find it, his brother is an absolutely gorgeous speciman of the human race. It was hard to pry my eyes away...and he has a really deep voice (and laugh). Once we got all of Scott's stuff into my room, Scott, Kristen, and I had lunch at McDonald's down the street. We got back to the dorm, and since there is no longer a TV in my room, Scott and I played Taboo while Kristen took a nap in my bed. When she awakened, we watched most of Swing Kids before departing for our train and Scott went to meet his bus.

Why do I not have a TV anymore, you ask? Oh, perhaps it's because I no longer have an Eistir. That's right. I was highly shocked when I arrived to a very baren Eistir side. No sheets, TV, clothes, fridge, or Marley and anti-Bush posters. After nearly having a heart attack, I realized that her parents probably decided she would not be attending ISU in the spring since her fall grades were so horrid. A call from her later confirmed that. Her mom was super pissed with her 2 F's, 2 D's, and a C. Since it is so late into the year, we're not sure if I will have a roommate at all this semester. I am extremely nervous about the whole thing really. I am pissed at Eis for leaving me alone and doing so badly, and I am scared that I might get a really creepy, scary, loner, or otherwise ridiculous roommate. And if I have the whole room to myself? That means Scott can decorate the other side and pretend like its his. He's getting a new roommate this semester who is a senior from Plainfield, where Scott is from. He thinks they won't get along, which means he will definitely be spending more time in my room--I am perfectly okay with that.

Yesterday I was going about my business...and *-boom-* I got hit by a car. I was actually on the phone with Mom when it happened and I am sure there was some loud curse word in there (sorry). But there wasn't a scratch on either car, and even though the guy was a real asshole about the entire ordeal (especially since he was on the that rear-ended me at a stoplight), everything turned out all right. I had lunch with Cathy and Kristen, ate some yummy Thai food to go from Thai Kitchen, and I thought of you, Matt. :) I went out with Katie Whitehead to celebrate her birthday a week late at TGI Friday's then made it to Starbuck's for the second time in one week. Afterwards I ended up at Wyatt's until very late.

I am now just sitting here...typing, obviously. I was on the phone with Kevin earlier, but his brother, who apparently does not like me in the slightest, was pestering him so he told me he would call back. I doubt he will, but he would be calling the house phone and that would wake up Dad and Patty if he did call, so I figure I will wait another twenty minutes before going to sleep. Other than that, nothing new to report. Have a nice night, kiddies.

No comments: