Sunday, November 27, 2005

"Sarah Lewis rocks this studio!"

That I do. So work was completely kicking my ass until after my break. I came back from Pretzel Time slightly refreshed. You know, at like 2:45. Crazy. The last baby before my sitting I had done his three months, now five months. Caleb. This is the baby with the uncle who we thought was gay and gave me his phone number so we could "go get coffee or something." Talk about awkward. Except it really wasn't all that bad. Angela helped me get some smiles out of the kid so I could go eat my pretzel and drink my lemonade. Once getting back, my sittings went fairly quickly. They all turned out pretty nicely, and we were extremely busy. At one point, we had four families waiting because we were running slightly behind in a couple of the camera rooms. I directed traffic, answered questions, and played our PR until my room opened back up and I was ready to roll. Yep, so I took on a group of 13 because they had been sitting there for twenty minutes or so and they needed to get a move on. Keep in mind I was in the smallest room in the studio. It was tough but they turned out great and sold them about $300 worth of pictures. I just kicked ass. Oh, yeah, that was me. I was totally on a roll today. Even if I was tired and slightly grumpy, I did really well and have come to realize I do better in chaotic situations than our slow times. Kicked butt, people, no joke. And damn, was I proud of myself. All the girls were so proud, especially Pam. She was all about the "yay's" and the hugs.

On our way back to the dorm, Tarah stopped for some "cigs and pop" and we happened to get a flat tire. More like a popped tire--don't ask. We changed it successfully without much trouble, and twenty minutes or so later, which was excellent timing considering neither of us or Shawndra had changed a tire before, we started on our back. Apparently, Tarah had fallen on her ass when she walked into Quik 'n EZ, too. Poor Tarah. She was just a mess...but at least she was laughing it up. She kept saying, "Man, I just need a drink. All I wanted was my freaking cigarettes!" She thinks God is trying to tell her something. Gets a popped tire on the way to buy some cigs. Hmm...

No comments: