Wednesday, September 14, 2005

"Mysteriousness my foot, you poser."

I heart facebook. I have much more friends now and that makes me happy. Liam has a scary picture. Eee.

I had an actual post for the last entry, but I don't know where it escaped to. Meh.

A little bit of my high school drama needs to leave my system, so here goes. One of my friends told me that she was sad I was going away to school because she was worried we wouldn't be close anymore. Well, I have tried to call her, yet she doesn't return my calls even if I leave a voicemail. When I do get a hold of her, it's always, "I haven't talked to you in so long. This and this and this has happened. Oh, sorry, hon, I gotta go because (insert name) just put a movie in. You should call me more often. Bye!" Would that frustrate you? It does me, but not to the point where it consumes my day. It mainly just upsets me when I have one of those conversations. Ultimately, my girls from high school will stop talking to me one by one. It's starting to happen, which really saddens me, but at the same time, I know I don't call all of them frequently, though I have been good at calling some of them as of lately. Yet I feel like I shouldn't be the one to call them all the time...I just know it will happen like that.

I'm going to be the fat farm mom who makes all the calls and arrangements to pull the girls together in fifteen or twenty years for a nice reunion. I will still have all the connections and no one else will have regular contact with anyone else. I just know it. I hope I am wrong even in the teensiest detail. Someone prove me wrong, please. I am usually the one who pulls get-togethers off now, I can't imagine that will change five kids later (I exaggerate, of course).

I am not ready to let go yet.



I start work on Tuesday. That makes me sad. I wish I didn't have to work, but the money will certainly help and it will make me organize my time better. Sadly enough, that means I will miss Gilmore Girls next week...I need to find someone who can record it for me. I was talking to Kelly last night at Underground and she said she might be able to find me a better paying job with fewer hours. I told her to go for it. *thumbs up*

No comments: