Saturday, August 05, 2006

"Why you callin' so late? Is everything okay?"

So, why am I in love with this song? There is not really any significance to the words...and yet everytime it comes on when I'm in the car by myself, I sing it at the top of my lips and want to cry. Weird, you might say. I would probably have to agree. This is and "Looking Through the Glass" by Stone Sour. Oh, well...

This is me taking over Rachel's laptop to check all the going-ons of the neighborhood kiddies because I have given up on calling people. You work 50 hours a week, sleep all day, and see if you want to talk to people who don't make any attempt to contact you all summer. Bleh.

Dad called me a slob because my room looks like a tornado went through it. And the bathroom garbage was slightly overflowed. What else is new, people? Read the afore mentioned statement about working 50 hours a week and sleeping all day. Does face looks like it cares? Not too much.

I have tomorrow off, though I have no idea why. And I will be working late both Monday and Tuesday (my last day). We're throwing a tiny party for my sake. :) Last night Orlandon kept saying how much he was going to miss me. Somehow, the several people who say things like that to me make the really crappy hours and grumpy nights all worth it.

The rest of the week looks busy. A party, perhaps. Friday is the Park concert with Matt. Saturday, Bekki, Wyatt, and I are headed for Belleville to make a party stop at Dallas'. The few days after that will consist of me packing and getting everything ready for school. Aren't we all excited about going back to school? Most of my friends are ready to go back. I know the ISU kids certainly are ready...and so are the few of the Lunch Buddies that I still talk to.

Congratulations on spending your summer in a manner that flew by like no other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just typed this huge comment, then my internet kicked me off. I love the world.

Sorry I couldn't really talk much last night. I'll tgive you a call later when things settle down for me a little - this week is absolutely hectic, and I have no idea why. Love the world.