Thursday, May 11, 2006

"You arms are my castle, your heart is my sky."

So I was just now walking down the hall and I started to cry. I feel ridiculous...but not really. I am done with all my finals. My first year of college is over with. I have to go home and spend time with people I haven't really seen for the past nine months (because the people I have been spending time with all live up north :).

I've missed my lunch buddies quite a bit. And now I will miss my ISU friends for the next three months. Katie doesn't even know if she is coming back to school here in the fall, so there is a really good chance I won't see again (she lives in Maryland).

I've made some CD mixes and little videos for people...I'm not sure what to give Scott or Stephanie.

When she moves out tomorrow, I will be sad to no end.

Have I mentioned how much I love it here? How it's one of my favorite places in the world? How I've met so many people and learned to love just about every single one of them? How I even like my silly dorm bed? How I enjoy walking around the quad at night? If I haven't mentioned those things, now you know.

I was leaving my math final tonight and it was pouring outside. God sliced open some clouds and let the water flow. I stood in the middle of a mud puddle somewhere between Felmley and my dorm and just let the rain soak my clothes. It was absolutely fantastic. Splashing in puddles, making random phonecalls to share the moment, picking lilac. What better way to spend my last night here on campus?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to cry when I move out. :(

Lou said...

I did. It's okay to cry. :)