Wednesday, March 15, 2006

"Pretty in pink? What?"


So I am watching this movie. And it happens to be one of my favorites. I just realized how unrealistic it is. I mean, who the hell really cares about money that much? Not around here, they don't. Well...they do but not that much. The beginning of the movie starts two weeks before graduation, too, and we only see Andie and Blain go on two real dates before she blows up on him in the hallway because he says he forgot that he asked another girl to the prom. Plus Andrew McCarthy, as good-looking as he is, does not look like he's that great a kisser.

In case any of you didn't know, we had some tornadoes come our way. No damage to any of the houses but our barn took it like a champ. It'll probably get torn down (it might take five years, though). I took a lot of pictures, so I'll put those up when I get back to school. We got power back yesterday afternoon, so hooray for that. I hate not being able to take a shower. A lot of the powerlines were down from New Berlin past Elsie Jacob's place on Waverly Road. Actually, part of Waverly road is missing. But everything is back up and running so it isn't too bad anymore. The Fauchs' place was ripped to smithereens, though. They had some grain bins strewn across the fields and their barn where they had their cars caved in and crushed their vehicles.

Not a lot else is going on right now. Oh, except spring break. I called Sears today to see if they would hire me for the summer, but the manager didn't call me back. Niki's sure that Showplace will hire me back, so I'm not too worried about that. I'm going to see if I can find a better job. Sears wasn't too bad, but I need more hours than Showplace is willing to give me. I guess I will apply for a position over at the Department of Ag. I hated my job, but I made great money.

"I'm off like a dirty shirt," as Ducky says.

No comments: