Sunday, September 24, 2006

"Strike!"



So I'm not as bad at bowling as I once was. Oh, yeah! Since Mallory and Ashley went home for the weekend, I was left to my own vices. Last night Heather and I had dinner and rented some movies after some major window shopping over in Campustown. Today we did some real shopping at the vinyl store next to the movie rental place. My first time in there...and I was impressed with all the records going for one dollar. Let's just say we spent a lot of time in there and a little bit of cash. My pal Marlisa and I went to Wal*Mart today to get some things for the Barn Dance on Friday. I finally got some boots and a few accesories for my cowgirl get-up. The ultimate deal is the red straw cowgirl hat. Yes, folks, one dollar. I was very excited indeed. Got some red dye for my Halloween outfit (I will be attempting Lucille Ball, for those of you who weren't aware). Oh, yes, and we now have a Superman container filled with Halloween candy. Our room is starting to look rather festive.

On a less chipper note, I spoke to Rachel today who told me Mom is "sicker than a dog." That sucks! I hope you feel better soon. I'm kind of sad that Mom probably won't make it. Dad wants to be in the fields tomorrow, too. So it looks like it's just Rachel. But you know what? She might be coming up here all by herself...and somehow that kind of makes up for it. She will drive for an hour to see me sing two songs that will sound like crap then drive another hour back. It means she loves me. And I love her. It's funny how something so little can mean so much.

Getter better, Mom!


Oh, and does anyone have Uncle Tim's email address? JR and AM don't have it...any other takers?

No comments: