Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"I feel like a whale..."


We've been eating a lot. The cake I made for Mallory is still sitting here waiting to be eaten. Monday night we went for Thai food right after I got off the train then got some Ben & Jerry's and attempted to eat some cake. We celebrated both Mallory's and our friend Erica's birthday since it was yesterday.

I've been a little on the lacking side where sleep in concerned. I'm trying but between homework and this chick book I started and can't put down, it's hard to make it to bed early. I'm just hoping I don't get sick again. I can without that.

Uncle Mike's (Patty's sister's husband) dad died Sunday night. I don't know when the wake/funeral is, but if it's over the weekend, I think I'll go home for it. I am hoping it isn't, as bad as that sounds. Some of my friends' friends are coming up from Champaign and we're all going to the football game on Saturday and going to do a party later. Plus I was just home...for four nights. It felt weird coming back to school. It was a quasi-break. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be no reason for me to come home until the weiner roast (when is that?). Or maybe Rachel's senior night. That's important to here. Maybe I'll just come down for the game with some of my buddies. We all enjoy a good football game. I hope Jessie's premonition about Aunt Mae is incorrect. *crosses fingers*

I won't narrate the wedding because, well, my most constant readers were there. And for those of you who weren't there, it was fantastic. Best Spengler party in the last ten years. Easily. I will burn you a CD, Mom, but I would like it if I could get copies of your pictures, too. The whole weekend was good. Drank a little too much, but who didn't, man? It was weird seeing the entire family after a few drinks up and groovin' it on the dance floor. Especially Mom trying to shake her groove thing and Uncle Tim doing the Pony. I about peed my pants I was laughing to hard. Gotta love those Spenglers. :)

No comments: