Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"You know--vanilla ice cream and hot fudge make some damn tasty sundae."

Damn perverts.

You want to know what's going down? All I do is sleep, work, and eat--and luckily, with a 65% discount. I really don't hang out with my friends like I used to. Don't have time, don't want to drive all the way into Springfield so it's more convenient for them. I'm such a lazy ass, and yet...

...I'm jogging. I'm being more careful of what I eat. And since Dad and Patty have abandoned cooking for almost the past month, I have resorted to eating all of Patty's diet food, which really isn't too bad. Shed about 9 pounds as well as another couple of inches off my hair. It's short.

So maybe I am lazy in some endeavours but not in all. Nope, I'm happy with my slow, do-nothing summer so far. Work has treated me well. Everyone loves me--not trying to sound like I have a fat head or anything. I'm just nice and exchange pleasantries with everyone. And I offer to stay late when I realize Brenda is short one person on drive-thru or needs me for a couple of extra hours, which means my 5-11pm shift usually turns into 5-2am. Hello, money. I work the line and have been trained on drive-thru, fountain (shakes and desserts), dress (fixing up burgers), cash-counter, steam (fries, onion rings, anything involving chili). Now all I need to learn is burgers, and I will be the queen!! Most of the people that do production are men, so they love a nice girl in the back who's always more than willing to help out. We have a good time. I make some tips, too, especially from our regulars. Oh, yeah, and tonight got so busy I was doing drive-thru and running out into the dining area to clear tables since our bus boy was running late. I talked to Brenda, who is the usual night manager, and asked her if I was just summer employment or if they meant to keep me on inactive until breaks...but she said, "You're great worker--you let me know when you want to work a week ahead of time and I will get you on the schedule." Exciting stuff, eh?

Enough about work, although it might be life-consuming. Mom and Rachel are on the east coast looking at schools. I'm babysitting the girls and Kitty. Tiger is the biggest whiner now. She really hates being in the kennel, but I can't let her lose because of the construction around the house and I can't leave her in the house all day because I am usually there once a day--either before or after I get off work so that's weird hours. And she and Peanut both have tiny tanks. Father's Day was uneventful. I wish I could have spent more of it with Dad. I came home a little early from work with the new Pink Panther movie, some mixed nuts, a cheesy card, and some kettle korn. We had a good time, just the two of us chilling out on the couch. And Patty is back at work, which means her back is hurting a lot less. A plus for everyone. Oh, yeah, and I'm made it through another three Jane Austen books. Muahaha. I'm just starting Persuasion. I think I have only two left to finish her collection. Shcore.

Hope this was enough for your enjoyment. I'm going to sleep because I have to get up early tomorrow. Big day ahead of me. ;) G'night.

No comments: